is a service offered by the ISSN International Centre with the support of the .
Launched in December 2013, ROAD provides a free access to those ISSN bibliographic records which describe scholarly resources in Open Access: journals, monographic series, conference proceedings, academic repositories and scholarly blogs. These records, created by the ISSN Network365bet投注网 (90 National Centres worldwide + the International Centre), are enriched by information extracted from indexing and abstracting databases, directories (DOAJ, Latindex, The Keepers registry) and journals indicators (Scopus).
ROAD is in line with the actions of UNESCO for promoting Open Access to scientific resources. ROAD is complementary to the 365bet投注网 developed by UNESCO and providing a snapshot of the status of Open Access to scientific information around the world.
• Faceted search
• Map search
• by country, subject, indexing service, journal indicator… and of course by ISSN
• Presentation of the , whose data are used for enriching bibliographic records
• To provide a single access point to different types of online scholarly resources published worldwide and freely available.
• To provide information about the quality and prominence of OA resources, indicating by which services they are covered.
• To give an overview of the Open Access scholarly production worldwide (for statistics purposes for instance).
365bet投注网 • To demonstrate new ways of using the ISSN for compiling information from various sources.
1. To improve the geographical coverage and the coverage by types of resources.
2. To develop the coverage through retrospective identification of Open Access scholarly resources within the ISSN Register.
365bet投注网 3. To develop thematic facets.
Find here the Statistics on ROAD 2018.
Any comments are more than welcome, and can be sent at road[at]makepola.com